Tuesday, February 6, 2007

One Shining Moment

Welcome to One Shining Moment, the Web's umpteenth billion blog! Now with 100% more pretentiousness and self-importance!

My thought of the day:

Not only should Greg Oden be the first pick in the NBA Draft, but there shouldn't be a second of debate. Not to dismiss local product Kevin Durant, but Oden is an NBA-ready center who reminds me of a hybrid of Dikembe Mutombo and Alonzo Mourning. I think the media is overhyping his one-handedness as dominance, where it shows a boatload of toughness to play through a season with discomfort in the wrist. I think it'll be interesting to see how Durant can respond to playing against bigger opponents in the league with his slight 199 lb. frame. 6'9" guard/forwards are nice, but last I remember, Toni Kukoc was a marginal professional...not a franchise player.

(posted by JH)

No comments: