Tuesday, February 6, 2007

e-dimes

Here are some relevant (at least to me) links in the news today:

Tyrus Thomas: Dunkin fo' dollaz. I guess the Bulls would rather be known as the franchise that cares more about headbands than financial security.

Indianapolis is excited for Butler. Not really, but there is at least one article about their climb to the Top 10.

Keeping with the mid-majors, here is a passionate, if not misguided, take on George Mason's woes this season. Not sure what the author is trying to say, but it's not exactly breaking news that mid-majors have to rebuild from scratch after big seasons. Locally, Mason plays fourth fiddle (at a minimum) to Maryland, Georgetown and Maryland's womens basketball team. The Final Four will payoff in about 2-3 years, but for now, it was just a three week long publicity tour for Coach L and the university. And I say this with my GMU Final Four t-shirt on, as I look at my Lamar Butler SI.

(posted by JH)

No comments: