Sunday, March 11, 2007

Joe Lunardi Is An Asshat

Earlier this year, kasko rightfully dubbed Digger Phelps an asshat for his fecal opinions regarding college basketball. In the spirit of Phelps' asshatedness, I nominate Joe Lunardi to uphold the standards of being a fucktard.

Last season, George Mason was rightfully outside of his tournament for the duration of Championship Week. That is, until the afternoon of Selection Sunday, when the Patriots made it into his coveted Last Four In column. How did Lunardi predict this turn of events? Dumb luck, I suppose.

Well, maybe not. This week, Old Dominion was sitting on the tournament bubble from the inside looking out...until the morning, when Stanford and Kansas State magically appeared there. Dumb luck again? No. Joe Lunardi is just an asshat.

I know that he's ESPN's resident bracketologist and I'm just some office monkey with a keyboard, but this is a Summer's Eve moment if I've ever seen one. Stick with your guns, douchebag.

Joe Lunardi: welcome to the asshat club.

Update: Okay, so he doesn't have it down to a complete science, but the fact remains that Joe Lunardi is indeed an asshat.

(posted by JH)

6 comments:

Kasko said...

It's funny because I am usually a big Lunardi fan and think he does excellent work. The Mason thing last year has me more than worried about the fate of my Illini today.

How you look blindly at the numbers and put in KSU over Illinois is beyond me. Potentially more on this later.

Kasko said...

Warrants mentioning... after the SEC Championship loss, Lunardi moves Arkansas into his field at about 3 or 330 today.

Anonymous said...

Haha, it's now glaringly obvious that he has sources. The Stanford thing that I mentioned earlier, in addition to the Arkansas move is fishy enough that I'm surprised he did it. It'd be interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes with him.

I'm not sure what his projections would've been, but there are honestly only about 6 spots open, so I'm not sure how impressed I am by him anymore. Just glad he F'd up on the Illini thing.

So... are we going to get a Bilas post, too? He's been ripping the mid-majors to shreds.

Anonymous said...

Last year, I guessed that he gets teams, and not regions/seed, but I think it's less than that. I'm pretty sure he gets the number of teams from each conference, and is left to do the work himself. Kind of cool, though, to think that somebody on the committee is sending Lunardi text/Blackberry messages with the latest developments.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to propose that the award be permanently named "The Billy Packer" Asshat Memorial Trophy.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!